February 13th, 2017 2:33 PM Mr. Q Categories: Nutrition
Some of you may be to young to remember these, but I could CRUSH a banana flip back in the day. I’ve gone as far as finding the best recipe out there and how to make them (sorry, not as good as back in the day, but oh, these are good. 😛
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant banana pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup shortening
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons banana extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 – 9×13 inch pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Beat in the eggs and 1 1/2 cup of milk. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. While the cake is baking, make the filling.
- Stir together the sugar and flour. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar mixture. Beat in the milk and banana extract until smooth.
- When the cake is cooled, invert onto a serving tray. Spread filling over the top and cover with remaining layer of cake. Keep chilled until 1/2 hour before serving.