May 12th, 2023 9:17 AM Mr. Q Categories: Warm up
The alternating knee strike is a cardio and lower body exercise that involves striking forward with the knee of one leg while hopping on the other foot.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms by your sides.
- Hop off of your left foot while simultaneously lifting your right knee up towards your chest.
- Strike your right knee forward with your right hand as you land on your left foot.
- Quickly switch your feet and repeat the movement on the other side.
- Continue alternating knees and striking forward with your hands for the desired number of repetitions.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty of this exercise, you can perform the knee strikes at a slower pace, and/or eliminate the hopping motion and simply lift one knee at a time while standing in place.
How to increase the difficulty: To increase the difficulty of this exercise, you can perform the knee strikes at a faster pace, increase the height of your knee strikes, or add ankle weights or resistance bands to increase resistance.
Number of reps: Beginner: 10-15 reps per leg Intermediate: 15-20 reps per leg Advanced: 20-30 reps per leg
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Side Abs