May 12th, 2023 9:15 AM Mr. Q Categories: Warm up
Seal Jacks are a full-body cardio exercise that engages the arms, chest, legs, and core muscles. They are similar to jumping jacks, but with the addition of clapping the hands behind the back.
- Stand straight with your feet together and arms by your sides.
- Jump up, simultaneously spreading your legs out wide to the sides and clapping your hands behind your back.
- Jump back to the starting position, bringing your legs back together and arms by your sides.
How to Reduce the Difficulty:
To make Seal Jacks easier, you can modify the movement by eliminating the clapping behind the back or performing traditional jumping jacks with the arms overhead instead.
How to Increase the Difficulty:
To make Seal Jacks more challenging, you can increase the speed of the movement or add a resistance band or ankle weights.
- Beginner: 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Intermediate: 3 sets of 15-20 reps
- Advanced: 4 sets of 20-25 reps
Estimated Time for Exercise:
Seal Jacks can be performed as a warm-up or as part of a cardio circuit, and can be completed in 5-10 minutes.
Body Group:Full Body
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Shoulders