Toe Touch Walk
May 11th, 2023 3:32 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
Toe Touch Walk for legs and hamstrings:
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Reach your arms straight up overhead.
- Hinge forward from your hips, keeping your back straight, and reach your hands toward your toes.
- Walk your hands forward as far as you can while keeping your legs straight.
- Take small steps with your feet to walk your hands forward until you can no longer reach forward.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, feeling the stretch in your hamstrings.
- Walk your hands back toward your feet and stand up straight.
To reduce the difficulty, you can bend your knees slightly while reaching for your toes, or walk your hands forward for fewer steps.
To increase difficulty, you can reach further forward or take bigger steps with your feet while walking your hands forward.
- Beginner: 5-10 reps
- Intermediate: 10-15 reps
- Advanced: 15-20 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Calves, Hamstring, Hip
Secondary:Calves, Hip Flexors