Seated toe touch
May 11th, 2023 3:44 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
Seated Toe Touch for legs and back:
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight in front of you.
- Sit up tall, reach your arms straight up overhead, and inhale deeply.
- Exhale and hinge forward from your hips, keeping your back straight, and reach your hands toward your toes.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, feeling the stretch in your hamstrings and lower back.
- Slowly sit back up to the starting position, inhaling deeply as you do so.
- Repeat the movement for 10-15 reps.
To reduce the difficulty, you can bend your knees slightly or sit on a folded towel or cushion to raise your hips.
To increase difficulty, you can reach further forward or hold the stretch for longer.
- Beginner: 10-15 reps
- Intermediate: 15-20 reps
- Advanced: 20-25 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Calves, Hamstring, Lower back
Secondary:Erector Spinae, Calves