May 12th, 2023 8:30 AM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The lean back stretch is a simple stretch that targets the muscles in the lower back and hips. This stretch can help increase flexibility in the lower back and relieve tension in the hips.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Slowly lean back while raising your hands above your head, keep your knees straight and your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Continue to lean back until you feel a stretch in your lower back and hips.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
How to Reduce Difficulty: If you find this stretch too difficult, you can try placing your hands on a sturdy object, such as a table or countertop, for support. This will make it easier to maintain your balance while you lean back.
How to Increase Difficulty: To increase the difficulty of this stretch, you can try holding a light weight in your hands while you lean back. This will add resistance to the stretch and help build strength in your lower back muscles.
Reps: Beginner: 1 set of 10-15 reps Intermediate: 2 sets of 10-15 reps Advanced: 3 sets of 10-15 reps
Estimated Time for Exercise: 1-2 minutes
Body Group:Abs (Core)
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Chest, Shoulders
Secondary:Deltoids, Rectus Abdominis