May 12th, 2023 8:27 AM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The face down one leg kick to opposite side of body stretch is a dynamic stretch that targets the lower back, glutes, and hamstrings.
- Start by lying face down on a mat or comfortable surface.
- Extend your arms out in front of you, palms down.
- Slowly lift your right leg off the ground while simultaneously lifting your left arm off the ground.
- Keep your right leg straight and point your toes towards the ceiling.
- As you lift your right leg, rotate your left arm and torso towards your right side.
- Hold the stretch for a few seconds and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
How to Reduce Difficulty: If this stretch is too difficult, try lifting your leg and arm only a few inches off the ground, or try bending your knee slightly.
How to Increase Difficulty: To increase the difficulty of this stretch, hold the stretch for a longer period of time or lift your leg and arm higher off the ground.
Reps: Beginner: 5 reps per side Intermediate: 10 reps per side Advanced: 15 reps per side
Estimated Time: 1-2 minutes
Body Group:Abs (Core)
Muscle Group(s):Hip, Side Abs
Secondary:External Oblique, Hip Flexors