May 11th, 2023 4:51 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
Arm circles are a dynamic stretching exercise that helps to increase range of motion and loosen up the shoulder joints. This exercise involves moving the arms in circular motions in both directions.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and arms straight out to the sides at shoulder height.
- Begin making small circles with the arms, starting clockwise. Gradually increase the size of the circles, making them as large as possible while keeping the arms straight.
- After 10-15 circles in one direction, switch to counter-clockwise circles.
- Repeat for 2-3 sets.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty, perform smaller circles and limit the range of motion.
How to increase the difficulty: To increase the difficulty, perform larger circles and/or add light weights.
- Beginner: 2-3 sets of 10-15 circles in each direction.
- Intermediate: 3-4 sets of 15-20 circles in each direction.
- Advanced: 4-5 sets of 20-30 circles in each direction.
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes.
Muscle Group(s):Shoulder rotator, Shoulders