May 11th, 2023 4:53 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The arm swing is a dynamic stretch that helps to increase the range of motion in your shoulders and warm up your upper body muscles. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your arms out to your sides until they are parallel to the ground.
- Begin swinging your arms forward and backward, making sure to keep them straight and parallel to the ground.
- Increase the range of motion with each swing, gradually swinging your arms higher and higher until they are overhead.
- Reverse the direction of your swing, moving your arms backward and then forward.
- Repeat for several repetitions, gradually increasing the speed and intensity of your swings.
To reduce the difficulty, you can perform the arm swing with lighter weights or slower and with smaller swings.
To increase the difficulty, you can perform the arm swing with heavier weights or larger swings.
- Beginner: 10-15 reps
- Intermediate: 15-20 reps
- Advanced: 20-30 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Shoulders, Upper back
Tertiary:Biceps brachii, Triceps Brachii