May 11th, 2023 4:47 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The triceps stretch is a stretching exercise that targets the triceps muscles located at the back of your upper arms.
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lift one arm up and bend it at the elbow, so your hand is reaching down your back towards your opposite shoulder blade.
- Take your other hand and place it on the elbow of the arm that’s raised.
- Gently pull the raised elbow towards your head, while keeping your chest lifted and your shoulder blades down.
- Hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds.
- Release the stretch and repeat on the other side.
How to reduce difficulty: If you find it difficult to reach your elbow with your opposite hand, you can use a towel or strap to help you reach.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the difficulty, you can pull your elbow further towards your head, but be careful not to strain your shoulder.
- Beginner: 2 sets of 20-30 second holds on each side
- Intermediate: 3 sets of 20-30 second holds on each side
- Advanced: 4 sets of 30 second holds on each side
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes