May 11th, 2023 4:40 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The 90 chest stretch is a stretch that targets the chest muscles, particularly the pectoralis major muscle.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms extended out to your sides.
- Bend your elbows to a 90-degree angle, with your forearms pointing upward and your palms facing forward.
- Slowly rotate your arms backward until you feel a stretch in your chest muscles.
- Hold the stretch for 20-30 seconds while breathing deeply.
- Release the stretch and repeat for the desired number of reps.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty of this stretch, you can decrease the range of motion by not rotating your arms as far back.
How to increase the difficulty: To increase the difficulty of this stretch, you can hold a light weight or resistance band in your hands while performing the stretch.
- Beginner: 1 set of 2-3 reps
- Intermediate: 2 sets of 3-5 reps
- Advanced: 3 sets of 5-8 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Biceps, Chest, Shoulder rotator