May 11th, 2023 4:43 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The straight arm to side chest stretch is a stretch that targets the chest and shoulder muscles. Here are the steps to perform this stretch:
- Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Raise your right arm straight up above your head with your palm facing forward.
- Keeping your arm straight, slowly lower it to your right side, bringing your hand to your right hip.
- With your left hand, reach behind your back and grasp your right elbow.
- Gently pull your right elbow towards your left side, feeling a stretch in your chest and shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, then release.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
To reduce the difficulty of this stretch, you can perform it while seated on a chair. To increase the difficulty, you can hold a light weight in your raised hand.
- Beginner: 1 set of 2 reps per side
- Intermediate: 2 sets of 5 reps per side
- Advanced: 3 sets of 10 reps per side
Estimated time for exercise: 2-5 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Chest, Shoulders