Reach elbow to knee
May 12th, 2023 8:57 AM Mr. Q Categories: Warm up
The Reach Elbow to Knee is a stretch that targets the core muscles and can help improve flexibility in the lower back, hips, and hamstrings.
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight in front of you.
- Bend your right knee and place your right foot flat on the floor.
- Place your left hand on your left thigh and reach your right arm up toward the ceiling.
- Exhale and twist your torso to the right, bringing your right elbow to the outside of your left knee.
- Hold the stretch for 10 to 30 seconds, breathing deeply.
- Inhale and release the twist, coming back to center.
- Repeat on the other side.
How to Reduce Difficulty:
To reduce the difficulty of this stretch, you can try the following:
- Use a yoga strap or towel to help reach your foot if you cannot do so comfortably.
- Instead of bringing your elbow to your knee, try reaching for your shin or ankle.
How to Increase Difficulty:
To increase the difficulty of this stretch, you can try the following:
- Hold the stretch for longer periods of time.
- Try to twist your torso even further and deepen the stretch.
- Do the stretch while standing up, holding onto your ankle or foot with your hand.
Number of Reps:
- Beginner: 2-3 reps on each side
- Intermediate: 4-5 reps on each side
- Advanced: 6-8 reps on each side
Estimated Time for Exercise:
The estimated time for this stretch is about 10 to 15 seconds per side.
Body Group:Abs (Core)
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Hip, Side Abs
Secondary:External Oblique, Rectus Abdominis