May 12th, 2023 8:59 AM Mr. Q Categories: Warm up
Dynamic twists are a dynamic stretching exercise that targets the core, particularly the obliques. It involves twisting the upper body from side to side in a controlled, fluid motion.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms extended out in front of you at shoulder height.
- Twist your torso to the right while keeping your hips and legs stationary.
- Return to the starting position and then twist to the left.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty of dynamic twists, you can slow down the movement or decrease the range of motion.
How to increase the difficulty: To increase the difficulty of dynamic twists, you can hold a medicine ball or weight in your hands while performing the exercise.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 10 reps (5 twists to each side)
- Intermediate: 15 reps (7-8 twists to each side)
- Advanced: 20 reps (10 twists to each side)
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes
Body Group:Abs (Core)
Muscle Group(s):Side Abs