May 11th, 2023 5:16 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The pretzel rotate stretch targets the lower back, glutes, and hips. It helps to improve flexibility in these areas and can alleviate tightness and discomfort.
- Begin seated on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Cross your right foot over your left knee, placing it flat on the floor.
- Twist your torso to the right, placing your left elbow on the outside of your right knee.
- Press your right hand into the floor behind you, and use it to help deepen the twist.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
How to Reduce Difficulty: To make this stretch easier, use a yoga block or cushion to prop up your torso and make the twist less intense. You can also try placing your crossed foot on the floor instead of crossing it over your knee.
How to Increase Difficulty: To deepen the stretch, try reaching your right arm behind you and grabbing onto your left thigh. You can also try twisting further to the right or holding the stretch for longer.
- Beginners: 2-3 reps on each side
- Intermediate: 3-4 reps on each side
- Advanced: 4-5 reps on each side
Estimated Time for Exercise: 30-60 seconds per rep.
Body Group:Full Body
Muscle Group(s):Gluteus, Hip