On Elbows Prone
May 10th, 2023 9:20 AM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The prone hamstring stretch on elbows is an exercise that helps to stretch the hamstrings, the muscles located on the back of the thigh.
- Begin by lying on your stomach with your legs straight.
- Prop yourself up on your elbows so that your upper body is off the ground.
- Slowly lift one leg off the ground, keeping it straight.
- Raise your leg as high as you can while keeping it straight and hold for a few seconds.
- Lower your leg back down and repeat with the other leg.
- Continue alternating between legs for the desired number of repetitions.
How to reduce difficulty: If you find the stretch difficult, you can try bending your knee slightly and lifting your heel towards your buttocks.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the intensity of the stretch, you can use ankle weights or hold the lifted position for a longer period of time.
Number of reps: Beginner: 2 sets of 8-10 reps per leg Intermediate: 3 sets of 10-12 reps per leg Advanced: 4 sets of 12-15 reps per leg
Estimated time for exercise: 2-3 minutes