Twisting leg lift
May 6th, 2023 11:48 AM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell twisting leg lift is a compound exercise that primarily targets the abs and hip flexors. It also engages the obliques and lower back muscles as secondary muscles.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Standing quad stretch
- Lunge with a twist
- Seated butterfly stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of light cardio such as jogging, jumping jacks or cycling
- Bodyweight squats
- Hip circles
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that allows you to complete 12-15 reps with proper form.
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent, holding a dumbbell in each hand with your arms extended straight above your chest.
- Lift your legs up off the ground until they form a 90-degree angle with your body.
- Twist your torso to the right and bring your knees towards your right elbow while keeping your arms straight.
- Lower your legs back down to the starting position and repeat the twist on the other side.
- Continue alternating twists for the desired number of reps.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty, perform the exercise without weights.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the difficulty, use heavier dumbbells or perform the exercise on a decline bench.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Intermediate: 3-4 sets of 12-15 reps
- Advanced: 4-5 sets of 15-20 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 10-15 minutes
Body Group:Abs (Core)
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Hip