Touch Back Push-up
May 5th, 2023 2:16 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell touch back push-up is a bodyweight exercise that targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps. It also engages the core muscles for stabilization.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Arm circles
- Chest stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of light cardio such as jumping jacks, jogging in place, or jumping rope
How to select the proper weight: No weight is needed for this exercise as it is a bodyweight exercise.
- Begin in a push-up position with hands shoulder-width apart and feet together.
- Perform a push-up by lowering your chest to the ground, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- As you push back up to the starting position, lift one hand off the ground and touch the opposite shoulder with it.
- Repeat on the other side, lifting the other hand and touching the opposite shoulder.
- Return to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of reps.
How to reduce the difficulty: To make this exercise easier, you can perform it on your knees instead of your toes.
How to increase difficulty: To make this exercise more challenging, you can wear a weighted vest or perform it with your feet elevated on a bench.
Number of reps: Beginner: 8-10 reps Intermediate: 12-15 reps Advanced: 20-25 reps
Estimated time for exercise: This exercise should take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete, depending on the number of reps performed.
Muscle Group(s):Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Primary:Pectoralis Major, Triceps Brachii