T Pump Fly
May 6th, 2023 10:59 AM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell T pump fly is an exercise that targets the chest and shoulders. It involves lying on a flat bench and performing a fly motion with dumbbells, followed by raising the weights into a “T” position and holding the contraction.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Shoulder stretch
- Chest stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of light cardio, such as jogging or cycling
- 1-2 warm-up sets of a chest exercise, such as push-ups or bench press with lighter weights
How to select the proper weight: Select a weight that allows you to perform 8-12 reps with proper form.
- Lie on a flat bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Start with the weights directly above the chest, palms facing each other.
- Lower the weights towards the sides of the chest, keeping a slight bend in the elbows.
- As the weights approach the chest, squeeze the chest muscles and pause briefly.
- Raise the weights back up to the starting position.
- Once back at the starting position, raise the weights to shoulder height to form a “T” with the arms.
- Hold the contraction for 1-2 seconds.
- Lower the weights back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Use lighter weights
- Perform the exercise with just one arm at a time
How to increase difficulty:
- Use heavier weights
- Perform the exercise on an incline bench
- Hold the “T” position for a longer duration
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 8-10 reps
- Intermediate: 10-12 reps
- Advanced: 12-15 reps
Estimated time for exercise: This exercise can take around 10-15 minutes to complete.
Muscle Group(s):Chest, Shoulders