90 Degree Hold Curl
May 6th, 2023 10:55 AM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell 90 degree hold curl is a biceps exercise that targets the brachialis muscle in addition to the biceps brachii.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Biceps stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of light cardio such as jogging or cycling
- 1-2 sets of light weight bicep curls with a 10-15 repetition range
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that allows you to complete the exercise with proper form while also challenging your muscles.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a pair of dumbbells with an underhand grip.
- Curl the dumbbells up to a 90-degree angle with your elbows.
- Hold the dumbbells in this position for a few seconds.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Use lighter dumbbells
- Hold the 90-degree position for a shorter amount of time
How to increase difficulty:
- Use heavier dumbbells
- Increase the amount of time you hold the 90-degree position
Number of reps: Beginner: 8-12 reps Intermediate: 12-15 reps Advanced: 15-20 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 10-15 minutes
Body Group:Full Body