Over Head Clock Lunge
May 6th, 2023 11:59 AM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell Over Head Clock Lunge is a lower body exercise that involves lunging with weights while holding them overhead. This exercise primarily targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and core.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Quad stretch
- Hamstring stretch
- Glute stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of light cardio, such as jogging or cycling
- Bodyweight lunges
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that is challenging but allows you to maintain proper form throughout the exercise. Start with a lighter weight and gradually increase as you get stronger.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with your arms fully extended overhead.
- Lunge forward with your right foot, keeping your back straight and your core engaged.
- Lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the ground and your left knee is almost touching the ground.
- Push through your right heel to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the lunge on your left side.
- Continue lunging in a clockwise direction for the desired number of reps.
- Reverse direction and lunge counterclockwise for the same number of reps.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Perform the exercise without weights
- Decrease the range of motion
- Decrease the number of reps
How to increase the difficulty:
- Increase the weight of the dumbbells
- Increase the range of motion
- Increase the number of reps
Number of reps: Beginner: 8-10 reps per leg Intermediate: 12-15 reps per leg Advanced: 18-20 reps per leg
Estimated time for exercise: 10-15 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Calves, Gluteus, Hamstring, Lower back, Quadriceps
Secondary:Gluteus Maximus, Hamstrings
Tertiary:Calves, Lower Back