Jumping Jack Push-up
May 6th, 2023 11:56 AM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell Jumping Jack Push-up is a compound exercise that targets multiple muscle groups at once. It involves a combination of a Jumping Jack and Push-up exercise, performed with dumbbells.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Shoulder stretch
- Chest stretch
- Wrist stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of cardio (such as jumping jacks, jogging in place, or jumping rope)
- Bodyweight squats
- Arm circles
How to Select the Proper Weight: Choose a weight that is challenging but allows you to perform the exercise with proper form. It is recommended to start with lighter weights and gradually increase the weight as you become stronger and more comfortable with the exercise.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
- Lower your body into a push-up position, with your arms straight and your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart on the dumbbells.
- Perform a push-up.
- At the top of the push-up, jump your feet out to the sides and raise your arms above your head to perform a Jumping Jack.
- Jump your feet back in and lower your body into another push-up.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
How to Reduce the Difficulty: To reduce the difficulty, you can perform the exercise without dumbbells or perform the push-ups on your knees.
How to Increase Difficulty: To increase the difficulty, you can use heavier dumbbells, perform the exercise at a faster pace, or add more repetitions.
Number of Reps:
- Beginner: 8-10 reps for 1-2 sets
- Intermediate: 12-15 reps for 2-3 sets
- Advanced: 20-25 reps for 3-4 sets
Estimated Time for Exercise: 10-15 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Primary:Pectoralis Major, Deltoids