May 6th, 2023 12:08 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell L-sit is a challenging exercise that targets the core muscles. It involves holding your body in an L-shaped position while holding a dumbbell in each hand.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Hamstring stretch
- Quad stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- Jumping jacks
- High knees
- Arm circles
How to select the proper weight: Start with light dumbbells and gradually increase the weight as you get stronger. The weight should be challenging but still allow you to maintain proper form.
- Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you and the dumbbells resting on your thighs.
- Place your hands on the dumbbells and lift your body off the floor.
- Straighten your arms and legs, keeping your feet together and toes pointed.
- Hold the L-shaped position for as long as possible, keeping your core tight and your shoulders down.
- Lower your body back down to the floor.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty, you can bend your knees and keep your feet on the floor while performing the exercise. You can also use lighter dumbbells or no weights at all.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the difficulty, you can use heavier dumbbells or add ankle weights. You can also try to hold the L-shaped position for a longer period of time.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: Hold for 10-15 seconds, repeat for 2-3 sets
- Intermediate: Hold for 20-30 seconds, repeat for 3-4 sets
- Advanced: Hold for 30-60 seconds, repeat for 4-5 sets
Estimated time for exercise: The duration of each set depends on your fitness level, but it should take approximately 30-60 seconds per set.
The heart rate will vary based on the intensity of the exercise and individual fitness level.
Body Group:Abs (Core)
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Hip