Quick feet Swing
May 2nd, 2023 6:36 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell quick feet swing is a cardio and strength exercise that involves rapid foot movement and a dynamic swinging motion of the dumbbells.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Calf stretch
- Quad stretch
- Hip flexor stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- Jog in place
- High knees
- Butt kicks
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that you can comfortably swing while maintaining proper form. A good starting weight for beginners is 5-10 lbs.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length in front of your thighs, with your palms facing your body.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Begin by swinging the dumbbells down and between your legs, bending your knees and shifting your weight onto your toes.
- As you swing the dumbbells back up, straighten your knees and hips, and shift your weight back onto your heels.
- As the dumbbells reach chest height, rotate your palms to face forward and press the dumbbells overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position and repeat.
How to reduce difficulty: To reduce the difficulty of this exercise, use lighter weights or slow down the pace of the movement.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the difficulty of this exercise, use heavier weights or increase the pace of the movement.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 10-12 reps
- Intermediate: 12-15 reps
- Advanced: 15-20 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Gluteus, Hamstring, Quadriceps, Shoulders
Primary:Deltoids, Quadriceps, Rectus Abdominis