May 6th, 2023 11:09 AM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell deltoid fly is an isolation exercise that targets the deltoid muscles in the shoulders. This exercise involves lifting dumbbells out to the sides, in a motion similar to that of a bird flapping its wings.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Shoulder stretch
- Chest stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of cardio, such as jogging or jumping jacks
- Rotator cuff exercises, such as internal and external rotations
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that you can comfortably lift for the desired number of reps, while still challenging your muscles.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Raise your arms out to the sides until they are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back down to your sides.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent and your shoulders relaxed throughout the movement.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Use lighter weights
- Decrease the number of reps
- Decrease the range of motion
How to increase the difficulty:
- Use heavier weights
- Increase the number of reps or sets
- Increase the range of motion
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 8-10 reps
- Intermediate: 10-12 reps
- Advanced: 12-15 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes per set, depending on the number of reps and sets performed.