May 4th, 2023 9:05 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
One leg calf raises with a dumbbell is a strength-training exercise that targets the calf muscles. It involves standing on the balls of one foot and raising your body weight by lifting your heel off the ground while holding a dumbbell.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Standing calf stretch
- Toe-up Achilles Stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of low-impact cardio such as walking or cycling
How to select the proper weight:
- Start with a lightweight, such as 5-10 pounds, and adjust as necessary based on your comfort level and fitness level.
- Stand on the balls of one foot with the other leg slightly bent and the foot on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand with your arm extended by your side.
- Lift your heel as high as possible, raising your body weight, and hold for a second or two.
- Lower your heel back to the ground slowly and repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Switch legs and repeat the exercise.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Perform the exercise without weights.
- Use a lighter weight.
How to increase the difficulty:
- Use a heavier weight.
- Increase the number of repetitions.
- Increase the number of sets.
The number of reps:
- Beginner: 8-12 reps per leg
- Intermediate: 12-15 reps per leg
- Advanced: 15-20 reps per leg
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes