Set Synogoly default interface
April 24th, 2023 1:09 PM Mr. Q Categories: Synology
It is possible to change the default Ethernet interface on a Synology DSM (DiskStation Manager) system.
Here are the steps to change the default Ethernet interface:
- Log in to your Synology DSM web interface as an administrator.
- Click on “Control Panel” and then “Network” to open the Network settings.
- Click on the “General” tab and then click the “Advanced Settings” button.
- In the “Advanced Settings” window, you will see a list of available network interfaces. Click on the interface you want to set as the default, and then click the “Set as default gateway” button.
- Click “Apply” to save the changes.
Note that changing the default Ethernet interface may affect the network settings and connectivity of your Synology NAS, so be sure to review your configuration carefully before making any changes. Additionally, changing the default Ethernet interface may require additional configuration changes in other applications or services running on the NAS.