May 12th, 2023 9:07 AM Mr. Q Categories: Warm up
Jump Twist is a plyometric exercise that targets the core, legs, and cardiovascular system. This exercise involves a jumping motion with a twist at the top of the jump, which works the oblique muscles of the core.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Jump up, rotating your body to the right and bringing your left knee up to your chest while simultaneously twisting your upper body to the right.
- Land back on the ground with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Repeat the jump, this time rotating your body to the left and bringing your right knee up to your chest while twisting your upper body to the left.
- Keep your core tight throughout the exercise to engage your abdominal muscles.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty, you can slow down the jumping motion and eliminate the twist. Instead, do a regular jump without the twist, lifting your knees alternatively while jumping.
How to increase the difficulty: To increase the difficulty, you can add weights in the form of a weighted vest or dumbbells. You can also increase the speed and height of the jumps to make the exercise more challenging.
Reps: Beginner: 10 reps (5 on each side) Intermediate: 20 reps (10 on each side) Advanced: 30 reps (15 on each side)
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Hamstring, Quadriceps
Tertiary:Hamstrings, Gluteus Maximus, Cardio