May 10th, 2023 9:40 AM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The standing hamstring stretch is a simple stretch that targets the hamstring muscles at the back of the thigh.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Place one foot in front of the other, with the toes of the front foot pointing up.
- Keeping your back straight, hinge forward at the hips, reaching your hands towards the toes of the front foot.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, feeling the stretch in the back of your thigh.
- Repeat on the other side.
How to reduce difficulty: If you find the stretch too challenging, you can bend your front knee slightly to decrease the stretch.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the difficulty of the stretch, you can place your front foot on a step or raised surface, or hold a light weight in your hands.
Number of reps: Since this is a static stretch, there are no reps to perform.
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes