May 11th, 2023 4:26 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
Prone Quad stretch for quadriceps:
- Begin by lying on your stomach on a mat or a comfortable surface.
- Bring your right knee towards your right glute.
- Using your right hand, reach back and grab your right ankle.
- Pull your ankle towards your glute until you feel a stretch in your quadriceps.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, feeling the stretch in your quadriceps.
- Release the stretch and repeat with your left leg.
- Repeat for 3-4 sets.
To reduce the difficulty, you can use a strap or a towel around your ankle to help you hold the stretch.
To increase the difficulty, you can lift your upper body off the ground and hold the stretch, feeling the stretch in your quadriceps and hip flexors.
- Beginner: 3-4 sets, holding each stretch for 15-30 seconds
- Intermediate: 4-5 sets, holding each stretch for 30-45 seconds
- Advanced: 5-6 sets, holding each stretch for 45-60 seconds
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes