May 10th, 2023 9:14 AM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The hip oblique exercise is a core strengthening exercise that targets the oblique muscles located on the sides of the abdomen.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head or on your chest.
- Lift your feet off the ground and bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- Engage your core and lift your head and shoulders off the ground.
- Twist your torso to the right, bringing your left elbow towards your right knee.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Continue alternating between sides for the desired number of repetitions.
How to reduce difficulty: If you find the exercise difficult, you can keep your feet on the ground and focus on the twisting motion of your upper body.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the intensity of the exercise, you can hold a weight or medicine ball in your hands while performing the exercise.
Number of reps: Beginner: 2 sets of 10-12 reps per side Intermediate: 3 sets of 12-15 reps per side Advanced: 4 sets of 15-20 reps per side
Estimated time for exercise: 2-3 minutes
Body Group:Abs (Core)
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Hip