Double Knee to Chest
May 10th, 2023 9:27 AM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
The double knee to chest stretch is an exercise that helps to stretch and release tension in the lower back, hips, and glutes.
- Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Bring both knees up towards your chest and use your hands to hold onto your shins just below your knees.
- Gently pull your knees towards your chest until you feel a stretch in your lower back and hips.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds.
- Release and repeat for 2-3 sets.
How to reduce difficulty: If you find the stretch difficult, you can try bending your knees at a higher angle or using a rolled-up towel or cushion to support your lower back.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the intensity of the stretch, you can try holding the stretch for a longer period of time or pulling your knees closer towards your chest.
Number of reps: Beginner: 2 sets of 15-30 second holds Intermediate: 3 sets of 20-30 second holds Advanced: 4 sets of 30-45 second holds
Estimated time for exercise: 2-3 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Lower back