May 11th, 2023 4:59 PM Mr. Q Categories: Stretching
This stretch targets the shoulders and upper back.
- Sit on the floor or a chair with your back straight and your feet flat on the ground.
- Bring your left arm across your chest and place your right hand on your left elbow.
- Gently pull your left arm towards your right shoulder until you feel a stretch in your left shoulder and upper back.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, while breathing deeply.
- Release the stretch and repeat on the other side.
How to reduce difficulty: To make the stretch easier, you can use a towel or strap to hold onto your elbow.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the stretch, you can use your other hand to gently push your elbow towards your opposite shoulder.
- Beginner: 1 set of 2 reps on each side.
- Intermediate: 2 sets of 5 reps on each side.
- Advanced: 3 sets of 10 reps on each side.
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes.
Muscle Group(s):Chest, Shoulders, Upper back