Push Up Row
May 5th, 2023 1:32 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell push-up row is a compound exercise that works for multiple muscle groups simultaneously. It involves a push-up followed by a rowing motion using dumbbells.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Arm circles
- Shoulder stretches
- Chest stretches
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- Jumping jacks
- Rows with lightweights
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that challenges you but allows you to maintain proper form throughout the exercise. Start with lighter weights and gradually increase as you become stronger and more comfortable with the movement.
- Begin in a push-up position with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Lower yourself down for a push-up while keeping your core engaged.
- Push yourself back up and pull one dumbbell to your side, keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Lower the dumbbell back down and repeat on the other side.
- Alternate sides for the desired number of repetitions.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Perform the exercise on your knees instead of your toes.
- Use lighter weights or no weights at all.
How to increase the difficulty:
- Use heavier weights.
- Increase the number of repetitions or sets.
- Perform the exercise with your feet elevated on a bench or step.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 8-10 reps for 1-2 sets
- Intermediate: 10-12 reps for 2-3 sets
- Advanced: 12-15 reps for 3-4 sets
Estimated time for exercise: 10-15 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Biceps, Chest, Forearms, Lower back, Middle back, Triceps, Upper back
Primary:Pectoralis Major, Latissimus Dorsi
Secondary:Rhomboids, Biceps Brachii