May 5th, 2023 4:16 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell curl to armpits (AKA:Curl to Armpits) exercise targets the biceps muscles in your arms. This exercise involves curling dumbbells from a straight arm position to your armpits, engaging your biceps muscles throughout the movement.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Arm circles
- Triceps stretch
Warm-up to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of cardio (such as jogging, cycling, or jumping jacks)
- Bicep curls with lighter weights
How to select the proper weight: Choose dumbbells that allow you to perform the exercise with proper form while still feeling a challenge by the last few reps.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing forward.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides and your upper arms stationary throughout the movement.
- Slowly curl the dumbbells towards your shoulders, exhaling as you lift the weights.
- Pause at the top of the movement, squeezing your biceps muscles.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position, inhaling as you lower the weights.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty of this exercise, you can decrease the weight of the dumbbells or perform the exercise using only one arm at a time.
How to increase the difficulty: To increase the difficulty of this exercise, you can use heavier dumbbells or perform the exercise with a slower tempo.
Number of reps: Beginner: 8-10 reps Intermediate: 12-15 reps Advanced: 15-20 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes