May 5th, 2023 2:50 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell goblet squat is a lower body exercise that primarily targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes while also engaging the core muscles.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Hip flexor stretch
- Calf stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of light cardio such as jogging or cycling
- 2-3 sets of bodyweight squats or lunges
How to select the proper weight: Choose a dumbbell that allows you to perform 8-12 reps with proper form while still challenging your muscles.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell vertically in front of your chest with both hands.
- Lower your body into a squat position by bending your knees and pushing your hips back, keeping your chest up and your back straight.
- Pause briefly at the bottom of the squat and then push back up to the starting position.
How to reduce the difficulty: Perform the exercise without any weights or use a lighter dumbbell.
How to increase difficulty: Increase the weight of the dumbbell or perform the exercise with a pause at the bottom of the squat.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 8-10 reps
- Intermediate: 10-12 reps
- Advanced: 12-15 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 1-2 minutes per set, depending on the number of reps and rest periods.
Muscle Group(s):Gluteus, Hamstring, Quadriceps