May 5th, 2023 3:55 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell front circle is a strength training exercise that targets the shoulders and upper body.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Arm circles
- Shoulder stretch
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- Jumping jacks
- Shoulder rotations
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that allows you to complete the exercise with proper form for the desired number of reps.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up.
- Raise the dumbbells to shoulder height with your elbows bent and your upper arms parallel to the ground.
- Slowly move the dumbbells forward in a circular motion until they meet in front of your body.
- Lower the dumbbells back to the starting position in a controlled manner.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
How to reduce the difficulty: To reduce the difficulty of this exercise, use lighter weights or perform the exercise with one arm at a time.
How to increase difficulty: To increase the difficulty of this exercise, use heavier weights or perform the exercise while standing on an unstable surface.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 8-12 reps
- Intermediate: 12-15 reps
- Advanced: 15-20 reps
Estimated time for exercise: This exercise can be completed in 2-3 minutes, depending on the number of reps performed.
Muscle Group(s):Biceps, Forearms, Shoulders