Lunge hammer curl
May 2nd, 2023 6:18 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell lunge hammer curl is a compound exercise that targets the legs, biceps, and forearms. It involves performing a lunge while holding dumbbells and performing hammer curls during the lunge.
Stretch to do prior to exercise: Quadriceps stretch and biceps stretch.
Warmup to do prior to exercise: 5-10 minutes of light cardio, such as jogging in place or jumping jacks.
How to select the proper weight: Choose dumbbells that are appropriate for your fitness level and allow you to perform the exercise with proper form. Start with lighter weights and gradually increase the weight as you become stronger.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing in.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot and lower your body until your right knee is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- As you lunge forward, simultaneously curl the dumbbells towards your shoulders.
- Hold for a second, then return to the starting position by straightening your right leg and lowering the dumbbells.
- Repeat the exercise with your left leg.
How to reduce difficulty: Perform the exercise without weights or use lighter dumbbells.
How to increase difficulty: Increase the weight of the dumbbells, perform more reps or sets, or add jump lunges.
Number of reps: Beginner: 8-10 reps per leg for 2-3 sets Intermediate: 10-12 reps per leg for 3-4 sets Advanced: 12-15 reps per leg for 4-5 sets
Estimated time for exercise: 10-15 minutes.
Muscle Group(s):Biceps, Calves, Hamstring, Quadriceps
Secondary:Hamstrings, Biceps Brachii