May 2nd, 2023 6:24 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
Dumbbell jumping jacks are a full-body exercise that combines traditional jumping jacks with dumbbell training. This exercise involves holding dumbbells in both hands while performing jumping jacks.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Arm circles
- Shoulder rolls
- Leg swings
Warmup to do prior to exercise:
- 5-10 minutes of light cardio such as:
- jumping jacks
- Dynamic stretches such as:
- high knees
- butt kicks
How to select the proper weight: Start with light weights and gradually increase as you become comfortable with the movement.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
- Jump and bring your feet out to the sides while raising your arms straight up and out to the sides.
- Lower your arms and jump your feet back together.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
How to reduce difficulty: You can reduce the difficulty of this exercise by using lighter weights or by performing regular jumping jacks without the dumbbells.
How to increase difficulty: You can increase the difficulty of this exercise by using heavier weights or by performing a more challenging variation of jumping jacks, such as plyometric jumping jacks.
Number of reps:
- Beginner: 10-12 reps for 2-3 sets
- Intermediate: 12-15 reps for 3-4 sets
- Advanced: 15-20 reps for 4-5 sets
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Gluteus, Hamstring, Quadriceps, Shoulders
Primary:Deltoids, Quadriceps, Rectus Abdominis