May 5th, 2023 4:05 PM Mr. Q Categories: Dumbbell
The dumbbell dragon walk is a full-body exercise that primarily targets the core, shoulders, and arms. It involves walking in a plank position while holding onto dumbbells and performing a rowing motion with each arm.
Stretch to do prior to exercise:
- Cat-Cow stretch
- Shoulder rolls
- Wrist stretch
Warm-up to do prior to exercise:
- Jog in place for 5-10 minutes
- High knees
- Jumping jacks
How to select the proper weight: Choose a weight that you can comfortably hold and perform a rowing motion with for at least 8-10 reps.
- Start in a plank position with your hands holding onto the dumbbells directly beneath your shoulders.
- Keeping your hips level, lift the dumbbell in your right hand up towards your chest, while keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back down and repeat on the left side.
- Walk your feet forward towards your hands while maintaining the plank position.
- Repeat the rowing motion with each arm as you continue to walk forward.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Perform the exercise without dumbbells
- Perform the exercise without walking forward
How to increase the difficulty:
- Increase the weight of the dumbbells
- Perform the exercise for a longer duration
- Increase the pace of the exercise
Number of reps: Beginner: 8-10 reps Intermediate: 12-15 reps Advanced: 18-20 reps
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Abdominals, Biceps, Gluteus, Hamstring, Quadriceps, Shoulders, Triceps
Primary:Deltoids, Biceps Brachii, Rectus Abdominis, Quadriceps
Secondary:Triceps Brachii, Gluteus Maximus