May 13th, 2023 2:28 PM Mr. Q Categories: Body Weight
Floor dips are a bodyweight exercise that target the triceps, chest, and shoulders. This exercise requires a stable and sturdy surface, such as the floor, to perform.
Stretch: Tricep stretch
- Stand straight and extend your right arm overhead.
- Bend your right elbow and reach your right hand down to touch the middle of your back.
- Reach your left hand over your head and grasp your right elbow.
- Gently pull your right elbow towards your left side until you feel a stretch in your right tricep.
- Hold for 20-30 seconds, then switch sides.
- Jumping jacks – 30 seconds
- Arm circles – 10 reps forward, 10 reps backward
- Shoulder taps – 20 reps (10 each side)
- Push-ups – 10 reps
How to select the proper weight: This exercise is done using body weight, so no additional weights are needed.
- Begin by sitting on the floor with your hands behind your hips, fingers facing forward.
- Place your feet on the floor with your knees bent and your heels about shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your hips off the floor, straightening your arms until they are fully extended.
- Lower your body by bending your elbows until your hips almost touch the floor.
- Push yourself back up to the starting position.
How to reduce the difficulty: If this exercise is too difficult, perform it with bent knees instead of straight legs.
How to increase the difficulty: To increase the difficulty, place your feet on a higher surface, such as a chair or bench.
Beginner: 8-10 reps, 1-2 sets Intermediate: 10-12 reps, 2-3 sets Advanced: 12-15 reps, 3-4 sets
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Muscle Group(s):Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Secondary:Pectoralis Major, Deltoids