May 13th, 2023 1:23 PM Mr. Q Categories: Body Weight
The cross knee exercise is a bodyweight exercise that targets the obliques and core muscles.
Stretch: Oblique stretch – stand with your feet hip-width apart and reach your right hand over your head to your left side. Hold for 10-15 seconds, then switch sides.
- Jumping jacks – 30 seconds
- High knees – 30 seconds
- Bodyweight squats – 10 reps
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Lean back slightly and lift your feet off the ground.
- Cross your right ankle over your left knee.
- Place your hands behind your head, keeping your elbows out to the sides.
- Twist your torso to the right and bring your left elbow toward your right knee.
- Pause briefly, then twist back to the center.
- Repeat on the other side, crossing your left ankle over your right knee.
How to reduce the difficulty:
- Keep your feet on the ground instead of lifting them up.
- Do the exercise slowly and with control.
How to increase the difficulty:
- Hold a medicine ball or weight plate in your hands.
- Straighten your legs and lift them off the ground.
- Increase the speed of the exercise.
Number of reps: Beginner: 10 reps (5 per side) Intermediate: 15 reps (8 per side) Advanced: 20 reps (10 per side)
Estimated time for exercise: 5-10 minutes
Body Group:Abs (Core)